Where has the year gone? Seriously. Are you hiding it? Or did I blink and it just completely disappeared into the universe?
Probably the later. If it’s the first one, you’re probably waaay too good at hide-and-seek.
The holiday season is upon us, people. It’s not just upon us, it’s straight up in our faces. And I am toootally not prepared. Well, sort of.
I mean, I still have shopping to do, I haven’t listened to my all-time favorite Christmas music (Bing Crosby, in case you were wondering), and the fact that I WANT to work on Christmas day is probably a sign that I have not embraced the holiday spirit.
BUT! There are a few things that have brought me out of this funk.
1. I’ve been spending time with a lot of excellent, grade-A, top-notch people lately. I didn’t even realize how much I was running around until my roommate pointed it out to me. Which brings me to my second point…
2. My roommate. She’s been there for me every step of the way through a rough time. If I say “I don’t want to talk about it” she’ll totally respect it, even though she’s dying inside to know what’s going on, but she knows any second I’ll open my big mouth, like I always do, and spill everything. She’s wonderful. Love you Bri.
3. I didn’t have ONE Christmas decoration up…including a tree. I ALWAYS have a tree. 😦 How sad is that? Well after opening my big mouth, like I always do, I received a small tree as a gift the very next day. If that doesn’t take you from a Scroogasaurs to freakin’ Rudolph, I don’t know what will.
4. I’m spending Christmas at my grandma’s house. I love her. She’s cool. It’s a plain, obvious fact. That alone will put me in a good mood. But there’s one more thing….
5. I made Tiger Butter!
In a world of jam-packed department stores, bumper-to-bumper freeways, and the complications of trying to get the stripes on the wrapping paper to match up perfectly, (…no? Just me?) what we all need is something simple. And this my friends, is just the trick.
Tiger Butter: Three ingredients. 1 hour. Lifetime of happiness.
Kind of like that “teach a man to fish” saying…
1 1/2 cups white chocolate
1 (heaping) cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate
You can do this two ways. You can either melt the chocolate in the microwave, or use a double-boiler to melt the chocolate. If you choose the double-boiler, be sure to stir the entire time so you don’t burn it. I do it the microwave method, because I’m lazy and I want to eat this before I even begin to make it.
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate in 45-second increments until smooth, being sure to stir thoroughly between increments.
3. Repeat with milk chocolate.
4. While the milk chocolate is melting and the white chocolate is still hot, stir the peanut butter into the white chocolate until completely smooth.
5. Pour the melted milk chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread evenly.
6. Drizzle the white chocolate/peanut butter mixture on top of the milk chocolate, being sure to reach the corners and edges.
7. Run a butter knife through the chocolate to create the swirl pattern. There’s no “right” way to do this, but if you go horizontally and then vertically you’ll probably get the results you’re looking for.
8. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Once the chocolate is set, you may cut it, or just break it into jagged pieces. It all tastes the same – delicious!
9. Eat it all and don’t tell anyone. (No? Just me again? I should really learn not to open my big mouth…)
Bon Appétit! (and Happy Holidays!)